Pregnant? What next?
- Home pregnancy testing kits are very accurate and there is usually no need for further testing.
- To make an appointment call NHS Lothian maternity services on 0131 536 2009
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.45pm.
Foot Problem? Think Podiatry
- You can refer yourself to podiatry!Just pick up a form from reception
- Please note - podiatry department do not offer a nail care or cutting service without a medical condition
- You can also call Podiatry Department, Musselburgh Primary Care Centre, Inveresk Road, Musselburgh, East Lothian EH21 7BP
- Tel: 0131 446 4018
Muscle or Joint problems ? Physiotherapy
- You can self refer for FREE advice about any muscle or joint problem
- Phone 0845 604 0001
- NHS 24 Digital TV channel
- MSK app (itunes/Android)
Did you know? - Back Pain
- The spine is strong and back problems are rarely due to any serious disease or damage.
- Most back problems settle within six weeks on their own.
- If you've only had back pain for a few days or weeks, the following advice may help relieve your symptoms and speed up your recovery:
- KEEP MOVING - remain as active as possible and try to continue with your daily activities
- take over-the-counter painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Painkillers-ibuprofen/Pages/Introduction.aspx) if you feel you need to use hot or cold compression packs – you can buy these from your local pharmacy, or a bag of frozen vegetables and a hot water bottle will work just as well Self refer physio - Phone 0845 604 0001
FASIC Sports Medicine
- Fitness Assessment and Sports Injuries Centre (FASIC) is Scotland’s premier multi-disciplinary sports injuries and physiotherapy clinic.
- You can call to arrange an appointment on 0131 650 2578
- You are FOUR times more likely to quit with support…
- Pick up a SmokeFree Lothian leaflet from reception for available clinicsu
- Pharmacies also provide FREE stop smoking support and medication
- Or just call 0131 537 9914
Alcohol or Drug Problems
- Gateway to Recovery Clinics bring together NHS and voluntary sector services to provide a comprehensive assessment for people trying to cope with and overcome problems caused or affected by alcohol or drugs.
- Drop-in clinics available – no appointment needed:
Out Patients Department
10am to 1pm
Midlothian Substance Misuse Service
1/5 Duke Street
11am to 4pm
East Lothian Substance Misuse Service
The Esk Centre, Ladywell Way
(11am to 4pm)
Eastfield Health Centre
Eastfield Farm Road
9:30am to 12:30pm
Minor cuts and bruises
Period pain and thrush
Lothian Sexual Health
- Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 7.30pm
- Friday - 8.30am to 3.30pm
- General walk-in between 8.30am and 10am (doors open at 8.30am)
- Healthy Respect + @ Chalmers drop-in (young people only)
- Monday to Thursday 3.30pm to 7pm
- Friday 1pm to 3.30pm
Are you experiencing….?
Low self-esteem or lack of confidence
- CHANGES is a Community Health Project to promote the positive well-being of people living in East Lothian.
- Call them on Tel: 0131 653 3977
- Email: email@example.com
Carers are anybody who provides help and support to a friend, neighbour or relative who could not manage otherwise because they are frail, have a long term illness or disability.
Carers of East Lothian supports all adults in a caring situation in East Lothian to get information and services to help their individual caring role, enhance their own wellbeing, and strengthen their collective voice to improve services.
Contact:0131 665 0135
Carers of East Lothian
94 High Street
- Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland offers support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies
- Cruse offers face-to-face, telephone, email and website support
- 0845 600 2227
- Open up when you're feeling down
- Sometimes our thoughts and feelings overwhelm us to the point where it becomes difficult to cope with everyday life.
- Contact number (free) 0800 83 85 87
You can contact The Samaratins on 116 123
Worried about benefits?
Haddington – 46 Court St
Drop-in and Telephone calls:
Monday to Friday 10.00 - 12.30
Afternoons – appointments only
Musselburgh – 141 High St
0131 653 2748
Monday to Wednesday 10.00 - 12.30 and 13.30 - 16.00
Thursday - 10.00 - 12.30 and 13.30 - 16.30 (Afternoons by Appt only)
Friday - 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.00 - 17.00 (Afternoons by Appt only)
Free eye examinations
If you are a UK resident, you can get a FREE NHS eye examination in Scotland.
This is not just to test your sight – it’s a thorough examination to:
check the health of your eyes find any eye problems before they become more serious look for signs of other health