Podiatrists are experts in treating foot, ankle and lower limb problems. You can now refer yourself directly to a podiatrist without seeing a GP first.
They aim to help you to:
- Relieve pain
- Maximise function and mobility
- Prevent or minimise deformity
- Reduce the risk of ulceration and amputation.
- Prevent future foot problems through health education
- Promote self-care where appropriate
They do not offer
- A simple nail cutting service.
- Fungal nail treatment (including taking clippings)
- Skin care (including corns and callous) in the absence of medical need
To arrange a podiatry assessment simply download and complete this self-referral form
Completed Referral forms should be sent to: Podiatry Dept, Inchkeith House, 139 Leith Walk, EH6 8NP