Podiatrists are experts in treating foot, ankle and lower limb problems. You can now refer yourself directly to a podiatrist without seeing a GP first.
They aim to help you to:
- Relieve pain
- Maximise function and mobility
- Prevent or minimise deformity
- Reduce the risk of ulceration and amputation.
- Prevent future foot problems through health education
- Promote self-care where appropriate
They do not offer
- A simple nail cutting service.
- Fungal nail treatment (including taking clippings)
- Skin care (including corns and callous) in the absence of medical need
To arrange a podiatry assessment simply download and complete the self-referral form on the NHS Lothian website
Completed Referral forms should be sent to: Podiatry Dept, Inchkeith House, 139 Leith Walk, EH6 8NP
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.